Toddlers are notoriously active, curious and easily bored. If you're a parent or a care giver of a toddler, you know that it can be a challenge to keep them occupied. Here are five tips to help you out:
1. Give them choices. Toddlers love to feel like they're in control. Giving them choices - whether it's what to wear, what toy to play with or what snack to eat - will help them feel empowered and keep them from getting bored.
2. Get them moving. Toddlers have tons of energy, so it's important to find ways to help them burn it off. Plan active outings like trips to the park or playground, or try indoor activities such as dancing around the living room to their favorite music.
3. Encourage their imagination. Toddlers are naturally imaginative and love make-believe play. You can encourage this by providing simple props and costumes, or by acting out stories together.
4. Introduce new experiences. Toddlers thrive on novelty, so introduce them to new experiences as often as you can. Take them to new places, try different foods and expose them to a variety of people and animals.
5. Be patient. Toddlers can be frustrating at times, but it's important to remember that they're still learning and growing. They'll have good days and bad days, so try to be patient and understanding - even when they're driving you crazy!